WinMover is an application for moving windows more comfortable with the
the mouse in Microsoft Windows®. It is fully customizable and can
mimic the behaviour of many window managers for UNIX and Linux. If you
for example hold down the Alt-key, you can move or resize a window by
pressing and dragging the mouse button anywhere in the window. WinMover
can also snap the window to the border of the screen.
- Works with
- Resize and move any window with your mouse
- Close, maximize and minimize any window with your mouse
- Mimic Linux window managers in windows
- Send a window to the back
- Snap windows to the borders of the screen
- Unlimited support
- Per user customization
- Extensive help
- Small and efficient
- Multimonitor support
- Windows XP Visual Themes support
A summary of currently known bugs:
- Does not work with the command prompt: cmd.exe or command.exe (Impossible to fix)
- Does not work for windows from other users. That is: not compatible with "Run as" (Impossible to fix)
- Does not snap to other windows in addition to the screen borders.
- See the documentation for more information
WinMover works on the following versions of Windows:
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003 Server
It may work on Windows NT 4, but this is not verified.
Test it yourself by
downloading the latest version.